Help center
Find an answer to your questions, solve your most common problems and get in touch with us.

What documents do I need to travel to the United States?

If you are going to travel to or transit through the United States, remember that citizens of the countries included in the Visa Waiver Programme (ESTA) must apply for an electronic travel authorisation. It is advisable to complete the registration procedure at least 72 hours before the departure of the flight departs to make sure you receive the official authorisation in time. We recommend that you carry a printed copy of the authorisation with all your other necessary travel documents.

If you have been to Cuba since 12 January 2021 and therefore have a Cuban stamp in your passport, you will not be able eligible to use the ESTA scheme and will have to apply for a B1 or B2 visa at the Consulate General or Consular Section of the Embassy of the United States in your place of residence.

The number on Spanish passports consists of 9 characters: 3 letters followed by 6 digits. Due to the typography used, the number 0 (zero) is sometimes confused with the letter O, and vice versa. Make sure that you enter all the characters correctly when you fill in the ESTA application.

Was this answer helpful?
Why this content is not correct?
Thanks for your comment!