Help center
Find an answer to your questions, solve your most common problems and get in touch with us.

Can I take alcohol, tobacco and cash with me?

In accordance with current European regulations, when entering or leaving the European Union you can take up to 10,000 euros (€) in cash, or its equivalent in other currencies or assets, without having to declare it. All amounts exceeding this figure must be declared to the customs authorities.
Some member states also regulate the cash that people carry when travelling between different countries in the EU.

In the United States you must declare to the customs authorities any inflow or outflow of cash exceeding 10,000 US dollars ($). However, for further details contact the embassy of the country you are travelling to.

Alcohol and tobacco

If you are travelling between European Union member states, you can take tobacco, alcohol and alcoholic beverages for your personal use. If the tobacco or alcohol you are carrying is within the established limits, you will not have to pay any duty on it.

Was this answer helpful?
Why this content is not correct?
Thanks for your comment!