Hello, how can I help you?
What are the requirements for a child travelling alone?
Due to the special characteristics of these passengers, and for safety reasons, they may travel unaccompanied as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Aged between 5 and 11. This service is mandatory for children in this age group who are travelling alone.
- Starting from 12 years old, the child is considered an adult for us and can travel alone (on other companies these requirements may vary). Therefore, Iberia has an assistance and companion service for minors aged between 12 and 17, which has to be requested beforehand.
- Name of guardian responsible for the child at the departure point, address and contact phone number. The telephone number that you provide us in this section must be from a mobile phone if you wish to receive our text messages (SMS).
- Name of the person responsible for the child at the arrival point, address and contact phone number.
- Passport or Visa and requirements for destination
As well as allowing us to determine the identity of the person responsible for meeting the child, this also allows us to contact this person if necessary. Children are taken care of from their arrival at the check-in to handover of the child at the destination airport, and are also accompanied in transit if they have to change flights.
Save time by printing the form for our accompaniment services and you will be able to provide us with the copy already completed at the airport: Liability Waiver Form.
Cost of the service per journey
|Domestic flights (except Canary Islands)||Europe, the Canary Islands, the Middle East and Africa||
America, Asia and South Africa
Cost of the service for flights with transfers
|With Domestic Connection (except Canary Islands)||With Connection /Canary Islands, Europe, the Middle East and Africa||
America, Asia and South Africa
The service may be requested when making the booking and will be charged when the ticket is issued except when requested afterward as an additional service. In this last case, the ticket will be re-issued to adjust the rate to the service requested. Take into account fluctuations in the currency exchange rate when purchasing the service. Different charges, fees or taxes may apply in accordance with the law in each country.
In addition, the following recommendations should be taken into account:
Make bookings more than 24 hours before the start of a journey.
Arrive at the airport in plenty of time, in order to complete the documentation required.
Provide the minor with an extra copy of the relevant contact numbers at the origin and destination alike.
Do not leave the departure airport facilities until it has been confirmed that the flight has taken off.
Finally, please remember that, for the purposes of air transport, only passengers over 16 years of age will be considered as adults for the purposes of accompanying a child.
Iberia will not accept bookings or tickets for unaccompanied minors (UM's) when other companies, including code-share flights (IB26XX, IB5XXX and IB7XXX), are involved in the transport.