Hello, how can I help you?
How many pieces/kilos of luggage can I check in?
To be able to take your luggage free of charge, you must ensure that you meet the following size and weight regulations:
- The sum of each piece of luggage must not exceed 158 cm/62 in including the strap, pocket and wheels.
- A maximum weight of 23 kg/50 lbs (you may check in between 23kg/50lbs and 32Kg/70.5 lbs with an overweight charge).Avoid paying the excess weight fee at the airport reserving for an extra suitcase.
The number of pieces that you can take free of charge will depend on the destination and class in which you are flying.
Any article over the cost-free luggage allowance permitted at check-in will be considered excess baggage.
Both the price of the additional baggage and the excess weight cost (from 23 to 32 Kg) are fixed amounts for short, medium and long-haul flights.
Check the rates and the number of pieces that you can take free of charge on Baggage calculator.
You can purchase it prior and can take advantage up to 50% discount on airport charges:
- Making a booking or afterwards at Manage your booking (a first additional suitcase).
- During online check-in if you need to take more luggage.
You can also pay the charge for excess baggage directly with a credit card at the airport Ticket office.
Sometimes, arranging additional baggage online may not be possible:
- Departing from some airports
- Your trip (or part of it) is operated by another airline.
In these cases, you will be able to buy extra baggage at the desk at the airport, at the airport fee. Once you've added an extra bag you can't cancel it or get a refund.
If you are travelling with excess baggage, please arrive at the airport at least 20 minutes before the recommended time.
The option to pay the charge for excess baggage using your Avios is not currently available.